Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY 2012

Happy New Years!!! Every year I make a list of things I want to do and plan to do then watch them be ignored, derailed or simply forgotten because life comes in and takes over. Not this year, all I want to do in 2012 is not repeat the mistakes and unhappiness of the years before. I want this year to be different and the only ways to make that happen is to avoid old patterns, go left where I usually go right. Here’s my 1st left…

  Why Taylor Made? In all honesty it’s my back-up and because this blog will not be typical Gwen-isms on life, relationships (not including my daughter), past pains, family or love I needed a name that would encompass every topic that might come up under the umbrella of creating, motherhood, and W.i.P. Gwen.  If the other blog ever comes to fruition it will be called Pen-Gwen Droppings, which is very fitting, LOL. Taylor Made, however, will be different, I am Gwendolyn Taylor and I love making things, scrapbooks, journals, cards, collages, ATCs, canvases. I am trying to learn how to sew so I am making purses, aprons, hats, skirts, etc. I have a knitting kit sitting waiting on me to start making stuff or at least wasting lots of yarn. And then there’s the most amazing, beautiful, frustrating, uncontrollable creation I have made-to-date, my Renee. I would be lying if I said she would never be a topic when she is the inspiration for a lot of what I do and the reason I often seek peace at my little table. Through all of my crafting and creating and raising Renee I am working on me. I realize I am the most important flawed piece of canvas I have ever attempted to work on, I can’t wait to see how I turn out :)  What I am even more excited about is becoming a part of the “scrap world” again and sharing my layouts, tips and techniques (the failures and success stories). I realized that I have spent the past 8 years slowly withdrawing from the outside world and I really want and need to step out of the door again.  Welcome to my world

1 comment:

  1. I finally made it here,lol. I can't wait to see what Taylormade! I miss seeing you and all your awesome art!

    ReplyDelete